Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

12.2.0.145 update deleted all my music

I recently updated from (probably the last major update) of itunes to 12.2.0.145

After restarting, my entire music library had been deleted. All of my music files are gone.

iTunes hasent deleted any of it's content. Album art, playlist, ect are still intact, but it has completely wiped my music files.

They are not in the recycle bin and to make things worse my external backup died about 2 weeks back so I do not have a copy of my 250GB library!! I do have a 120GB iPod, so I may be able to recover some songs that way, but is there anything I can do(short of file recovery software to reverse this????? I am extremely upset that an update would do something so drastic to the files on my computer.

Somebody help me!

I am using Win 7 64bit

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 5:37 PM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2015 7:07 PM in response to MarcookiezTheOriginal

If the files have truly been deleted from the hard drive, and you've no other backup, then recovering from the drive using a file recovery tool may be the last resort. In the past I've used FileRecovery from Seagate ($99) to recover some crucial video files from a friend's 500Gb hard drive that suddenly decided it was completely empty. From a fairly brief test it seems FreeRecover can do the same task, if not so elegantly, for the low low cost of free. Provided that the area of the drive that a file occupied hasn't yet been used then it is usually possible to recover a copy of the data. The scanning and recovery processes take time, but don't require constant manual input. What you are likely to need is a new drive to restore the data to or you may damage files that could otherwise have been recovered.

Assuming you can pull back the files then, having backed them up to another location first, you can then use the techniques on page 2 of this thread to reintegrate them into the library.

tt2

12.2.0.145 update deleted all my music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.