Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ordered an ipad2 wifi model MC916LL/A(Refurbished) and got a model with cellular-how can I shut off the cellular and keep wifi on?

My husband had ordered a refurbished older model -an ipad2-MC916LL/A (64GB)-we ordered it wifi only, but ended up receiving one with cellular-we do not want to use the cellular which is why we only bought a wifi version. How can we shut off the cellular and keep the wifi (which is what we wanted in the first place-or do we send it back for the replacement that is what we originally ordered-the Wifi version only.

Carol

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 5:19 PM

5 replies

Jul 6, 2015 6:32 PM in response to CarolF5

You should be happily thankful.

It will work perfectly well without a SIM chip and will not need to have cellular connectivity anytime. Plus you do get full GPS/GLONASS capability which the WiFi only models do not have, a boot when using many apps that require or work better when more precise location capability is available.

Ordered an ipad2 wifi model MC916LL/A(Refurbished) and got a model with cellular-how can I shut off the cellular and keep wifi on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.