Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call ended after 1 ring

I tried placing 3-4 calls to someone and it says "Call ended" after the first ring, but I don't end the call myself. What does this mean and why is it happening?

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 3:37 PM

It worked...just had to reset the setting and I was back making calls again.

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 6:59 AM in response to 123skid

Does it happen just with this one phone number or every call you make? Are you able to call that number from a landline or another phone? If it happens with every number, you may want to try restarting or restoring your device. If it only happens with the one number, they may have blocked your number in their phone. Also, if you are attempting to block your number from showing up on their caller ID, some systems won't allow blocked numbers.

Call ended after 1 ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.