Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove these songs?

I finally caved and updated my iphone 5 from iOS whatever it came factory installed with ~3 years ago to whatever is the most recent version.

a few gripes: 1) my battery life seems to have been dramatically reduced (yeah, i've disabled location services and all other stuff that might be "draining" the battery)

2) all this old purchased music shows up in my library even though it's not physically stored on that phone. I'm not interested in the cloud service. I just want a need and tidy library that doesn't list songs I can't play without a reliable internet connection. How do I stop my iphone from listing songs i've purchased on it?

<Edited by Host>

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 7:34 PM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2015 7:51 PM in response to appleissoannoying

1. Drain it down completely & see if it improves after that. Another option is to DFU reset & reinstall iOS (backup first!) - that apparently causes some low level calibration that may give you more accurate battery usage figures, but it won't improve a battery that is on it's last legs (if it has a high cycle count).

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take it to an Apple store if you think it should be replaced (or contact Applecare or your nearest authorised service centre). See if your device is in this program too…

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

2. Disable the option to 'Show all music' in the Music app settings (inside the settings app). That will remove the old purchases from the lists of music.

iTunes has a similar setting on the Mac/ PC under the store preferences. You may need to look at Apple Music settings too if you signed up for that with iOS 8.4.

Jul 6, 2015 10:04 PM in response to appleissoannoying

Apologies 'Show all music' is on 8.3, I believe it changes when you update to Apple Music on 8.4.

It seems like you may have updated & enabled Apple Music, so I'd suggest you take a look at some of the third party sites that explain the new music app & how it interacts with Apple music…

http://www.imore.com/how-use-new-music-app-iphone-and-ipad-ultimate-guide

I think one way to resolve something like this was to sign out of the iTunes store & then sign back in, it may be worth a shot. In the settings app look at the iTunes & app store, tap your Apple ID & sign out. There are also options in there to 'show all' see if they have any impact.

how do i remove these songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.