Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help

Hello. I bought an iPhone 5. But I do not set that was associated with an account of icloud . when I wanted to contact the owner of the account. it turns out that the account has been deleted from yahoo . help me. I do not know what to do

iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 7:37 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 11:46 PM in response to danielfromcochabamba

If the phone is showing a message that an Apple ID (shown partially) which is not yours is needed to activate it then it is 'Activation Locked'.

If this is the case then only the previous owner can unlock it, either by providing you with the account ID and password, or by removing it from his list of devices (as he should have done before selling it) - please see http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4515

If you are unable to contact him to do this then I'm afraid you will not be able to use the device - there is no other way of unlocking it at all. Apple cannot unlock it for you.

You should if possible return it to wherever you bought it and ask for a refund as in this event the device is completely useless.

help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.