Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad screen won't rotate when using Google search app

IiPad screen rotates when using all apps except Google search app. I've checked all settings and any available updates, everything is good. Can't figure out or find an answer.

iPad, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 1:35 AM

The Google Search App rotates for me when the screen is turned (IOS 8.4). I'm not sure what you are doing. You could try deleting and re-installing the App and/or restarting and resetting the iPad.

6 replies

Jul 7, 2015 4:20 AM in response to dhhyprdavo

I have a similar problem. When I try to use Google search it opens in the portrait mode and does not fill the screen. When attempting to enter a query, the keyboard appears at 90 degrees to the search field and no characters appear in the query window when I try to enter a query. My first thought is to delete the Google app and try to reload. I recently updated to iOS 8.4, might be a bug in the update, or only cause problems with certain models.

Any other thoughts or experiences with this problem?

iPad screen won't rotate when using Google search app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.