Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express malware

Having a tough time figuring this out.

I've definitely isolated the issue to this router.

Prevents and redirects me from hitting sites like home.nest.com.

even hitting apple.ca doesn't work (had to bounce off my 4g to hit this page).

Tried resetting it twice. it works for 5 minutes, and then back to the same issues. help!?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 6:32 PM

5 replies

Jul 7, 2015 3:07 PM in response to tylerlockyer

The latest firmware version for any of the 802.11n AirPort base stations is currently: 7.6.4

Although anything is possible, I'm unaware of anyone successfully hacking firmware on any of the Apple base stations. That would include hacking from a remote location or in direct physical possession of the device itself. I would venture to say the issue may be more likely to be DNS-related.

Jul 8, 2015 8:53 PM in response to tylerlockyer

One option is to try using a public DNS service. A common one is provided by Google. Their DNS servers are: 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

You can make this change either on your MacBook Pro directly via System Preferences > Network > Advanced > DNS or to your AirPort base station using the AirPort Utility. Note that doing so on the AirPort will provide these DNS servers to all network clients, whereas, doing so on your Mac will only affect your Mac.

Airport Express malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.