Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't turn on iCloud music library

Hello,

When I try to add music to My Music from an Apple Music page I get a popup stating that I need to activate iCloud music library. But it doesn't activate.

If I go to preferences and try to activate it, it should ask me if I want to merge my current library, but it doesn't ask me, and if I close preferences and open it again, the checkbox isn't even checked.

I tried doing this on 2 different Apple IDs. I even went on an iPhone, signed into Music with my Apple ID and tried to enable iCloud music library, and add music to My Music, without success. I even tried on another Apple ID on the same device, still no go.

I tried creating another user account in my Mac, and then tried signing out of iCloud, deleting the iCloud account from my mac and then adding it again. Still no luck.

Why isn't this working? I get that Music is a free service for now buy if this isn't fixed I see no reason to pay for it.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:07 PM

1 reply

I can't turn on iCloud music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.