Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed boot camp and uninstalled... now mac wont boot.

Hello!

I recently installed win 7 on my mac via boot camp, because I need a few programs on there and my work requested that I needed a windows pc or I needed to buy one, so I just installed boot camp and they thought that was pretty cool. On the weekend I installed a virus that I thought was gonna give me some games, at the end it said "Installing emulated bios" and I thought "hey *** what does the bios have to do with a game", then it asked me to reboot.

So of course I was still tricked, and I rebooted. So it shut off and tried to boot again, then failed and tried again, and again, and again...

So I just decided to remove the boot camp partition and try again, however, what I didn't know is you should remove the boot camp partition through the boot camp utility.

So now whenever I boot up my computer, it takes a hella long time on that grey screen where the apple logo is supposed to be, then it goes black and says "No bootable device - Insert boot disk and press any key".

So my mac wont boot, I just want to get rid of this bogus windows partition!!!

EDIT: My sister figured out how to get to mac os x, by holding option. But it still takes a hella long time!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), null

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 6:50 PM

There are no replies.

Installed boot camp and uninstalled... now mac wont boot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.