Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recipient cannot open photos sent from Mail (through iPhoto)

I use iPhoto to store and edit my photos. Frequently, I share my pictures by emailing them through Mail however the recipients seem to have difficulty locating the attachment and saving it. In this particular situation the recipient has a Hotmail account and is using Outlook. Is the issue a compatibility problem between Mail and Outlook?

I am using iPhoto 9.6.1. I tried using Photos but the program couldn't locate my iPhoto library so I reverted to the previous program.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Personal laptop

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:35 PM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 12:42 AM in response to abbyh

Much to everyone's surprise, Email is complicated and there are no agreed standards, so different services and applications work in different ways. Frankly, I think sometimes the miracle is that any attachments get through. One that is sure to work is to either send plain text emails or to zip your attachments when you send them.

Recipient cannot open photos sent from Mail (through iPhoto)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.