Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Child Account on Family Sharing Gift Card

Hi,

I recently helped convert my family over to Family Sharing so we could share Apple Music. Well, it wasn't very clear that when an iTunes account was made into a child account (sibling), that they could no longer use their iTunes store gift card balance. This is RIDICULOUS! There was almost $50 for a balance on the account (still is there, but supposedly not usable) and other gift cards that can be added. Gift card balance seems like the most practical option for a child account. iTunes gift cards get thrown around as present all the time to kids of all ages. I'm truly disappointed here, and unfortunately, the child account won't let you change the age, so I can't even make the age 13, so the balance can be used. It will be a couple of years before that balance is available basically. Has anybody had any luck with this issue? Would it be practical to call Apple?

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 7:11 PM

There are no replies.

Child Account on Family Sharing Gift Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.