Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp and iPhone / iOS

Good Morning

Been searching for hours for an answer but to no avail.

I have recently been added to a group message, the issue is, the group never actually appeared on my chat list, so I have no way of receiving the messages or interacting with the group. I also struggle to communicate with the group admin through whatsapp.

Any help would be great!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, WHATSAPP

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:46 PM

6 replies

Jul 7, 2015 11:35 AM in response to JC0609

I would get rid of WhatsApp then, but that is me. Do you have the latest version of WhatsApp? I would also wonder why they refuse to support their application. Apple does not provide service for 3rd party apps. The only recommendation for support I could give is to delete app, reset the phone and download the app again and see if it works. Since it is not the native Messages app, how it behaves is up to their developer. They should provide you support.

Jul 7, 2015 12:01 PM in response to JC0609

Whatsapp users have complained about various issues with their app, as well as browser usage. It seems that Whatsapp does not work well within the sandboxing of iOS. According to what I have read from the users, Whatsapp refuses to work with Apple to resolve the issues, so they just seem to be abandoning their iOS users. Not a great way to provide users support.

Whatsapp and iPhone / iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.