Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP Retina to RCA TV using HDMI to RCA cable.

I have the cable but nothing worked when I plugged it in. I was wondering if the cable is a dud or if this connection is even possible? I want to use my TV as an external monitor. Thoughts?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 9:23 PM

6 replies

Jul 8, 2015 2:57 AM in response to teeej

I think that you will need something such as this:

http://www.amazon.com/VAlinks-Extension-Converter-Satellite-Projectors/dp/B00RMY VW4K/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1436349207&sr=1-7&keywords=hdmi+to+rca +converter

Whether it is worth to do this is questionable. The picture quality is not going to be very good, certainly by current standards. But that is just my opinion.

Ciao.

Jul 8, 2015 8:13 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Im guessing the cable is because there are multiple inputs on the TV and I have tried them all. Plus the DVD and VCR player works with these ports. I just dont know if its even possible to use the MBP HDMI port and convert it to RCA to make a TV external monitor. Maybe the connection cant communicate in that way.

MBP Retina to RCA TV using HDMI to RCA cable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.