Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Deleted Most of my MP3 Files from my iPhone

At least about 20 GB worth of my stuff. The message from iTunes during a sync was that the format was not supported by the device. This is a brand new iPhone 5. No issues with incompatible audio file formats here.

By interesting coincidence, Apple appears to have pushed out an update to the music app that partially broke it. Now it always forces the user to the internet radio part of the app, whether you want to or not. That same day, the iTunes and IOS updates were also pushed out to iPhone users.

Anyone have a workaround for this particular problem? Thanks in advance.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 9:23 PM

3 replies

Jul 8, 2015 2:38 PM in response to Traveler22

Yes, only a single rolling backup with iTunes on Windows but restoring a backup archives it which can be useful. (Mac users can manually archive a backup without having to restore it.) From what you have said it sounds like a sync operation has failed, leaving the library on the device in an inconsistent state. To the best of my knowledge iTunes doesn't have a mechanism to detect or repair such issues. You can backup the current state of the device, which includes media selection information, but not the media, then restore as a new device which should do a thorough job of cleaning up the device, then restore the backup you made earlier.

tt2

iTunes Deleted Most of my MP3 Files from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.