Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating in App Store...Now not responding.

My App store on my macbook isn't working. It's been stuck on "checking for updates" for a good hour and I've tried everything google results has shown as a way to fix this(clearing the cache, getting rid of the plists). I've read that the update problem is related to updating iTunes, with that in mind, I've manually downloaded and installed the latest version and rebooted. Go to the App store and now I get that spinning beachball icon and according to the force quit menu, everything App store related isn't responding. Is anyone else experiencing this? Are there any solutions for this? Thank you for your time!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 9:01 PM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2015 12:53 AM in response to Kakumei

Go to the Home screen and double click the Home button. That will reveal the row of recently used apps at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold on the app in question until it wiggles and displays a minus sign. Tap the minus sign to actually quit the app. Then tap anywhere on the screen above that bottom row to return the screen to normal. Then restart the app and see if it works normally.

Updating in App Store...Now not responding.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.