Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is app store so slow?

I feel like I am back in the dark ages again running on a 300 baud modem using the Apple store. I am trying to download an 11.1mb file and it takes 15 to 20 minutes to get around 10mb and then it starts over again. I have no problems downloading things from the web browsers or FTP programs. Its only the App store that is giving me a headache. I have rebooted my system and the router. I had the same problem trying to update to 10.10.4 from 10.10.3. After 5 hours trying download 10.10.4, it was only on 240MB. I canceled it and downloaded it manually from the apple support site. I remember having this issue during the last Yosemite upgrade. I am stumped on how to fix the problem.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 10:07 PM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2015 7:19 AM in response to praiford

Same issue here. I'm on 30/30 FIOS connection and started downloading Hitman Absolution last night and I barely had 3 GB of the file 9 hours later. I tried a direct connection to the FIOS router and the issue is the same. I can pull 20GB of the binaries in less than a hour!

I tried multiple Wifi suggestions from the web and no luck. I'm on a brand new Macbook Pro Retina and a brand new Linksys 802.11ac router.

Apple needs to up their game if they plan to continue selling larger releases on the App Store.

Sorry no solutions here just a bit of shared sympathy.

Why is app store so slow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.