Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I backup my ios 8.4 5c device to my new iphone 5s

Ive had my 5c for almost a year and it is running on the latest ios. I will be getting the 5s because my phone got water damage. I don't want all my stuff to get deleted. I did backup my device to itunes. will i be able to restore it to my new device that wont be on latest ios. Also will my messages be saved after the backup.

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 10:30 PM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 10:41 PM in response to ChisomUba750

Yes, but the new phone must be at the same version as the backup or newer. If the new device comes with an older version, set it up as new so you can get it to connect to Apple's servers and upgrade it to 8.4. Then wipe it clear (Settings / General / Reset / Erase All Contents and Settings) so it returns to the original state but with the new OS and then Restore from your backup.

What's saved in the backup depends on how and where you did the backup. I can state from having done it over 4 times already that a backup done using iTunes on a Mac, set to be stored locally on the hard drive with password, with apps/movies/music/photos/books to sync with the iTunes' Libraries will Restore onto a new phone leaving it identical to the old one. Have never done in any other variant (PC instead of Mac, iCloud, no password, etc.).

Can I backup my ios 8.4 5c device to my new iphone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.