Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio books won't sync with new ibooks app

I have never purchased audio books from itunes, all of mine are from audible or from books on cds i get from the library. The two books i had on my ipod transferred just fine with the upgrade but i can not sync any new audio books, when i check the "on my device" tab all the files are grayed out. it's like it wont sync anything not purchased from itunes.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 10:00 PM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2015 8:29 PM in response to monster_fiend

The only way I was able to get my audio books to update, was to uncheck the box that says sync audio books, an pop up comes up and says are you sure you want to remove all audio book content, YES! Then let it sync to remove everything. Then re-check the box to sync audio books, select the ones I wanted on my device and then apply to sync. Its a pain, but it was better than the other thing I tried which was resetting my ipod to factory settings and starting completely over. I really wish that Ibooks would update audio books like Itunes used to.

audio books won't sync with new ibooks app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.