Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i reboot apple tv 3rd gen when itunes does not recognize it?

apple tv 3rd generation model A1469

so i lend my friend my apple tv (i signed out) and the same day she took it home she couldnt figure out how to use it, i walked her through it and she was able to get to the wifi to try and find her wifi (which she couldnt), long story short, my apple tv is returned to me on July 4 and it is not work it is stuck on the following User uploaded filethat is the name of my wifi network and the name of my apple tv, and yes i am able to airplay from my mack book pro like i always had since i got this 3rd gen apple tv in september 2014 and from my iphone6. i click all bottons on the apple remote and nothing happens, the led light on the apple tv does blink but thats all, and the apple tv remote does work on my mac book pro. i tired to reboot using itunes but itunes does not pick up my apple tv. i have used 4 different micro usb cords and none were able to pick up my apple tv on itunes, so how cani reboot or get out of this screen to go to settings etc. options

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 9:42 PM

To reset your Apple TV disconnect the power cord for about 30 seconds. Might help...

12 replies

how do i reboot apple tv 3rd gen when itunes does not recognize it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.