Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do change colors in motion 5?

User uploaded file

These are not the colors I want. How do I change the colors? I looked around and the only thing I can do is color correct, not color change.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 9:29 PM

6 replies

Jul 7, 2015 8:34 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

As Luis points out, this lower third is made up of mostly images, so you need to either color correct the layers with a filter or edit them with an image editing app. For a quick solution, I'd try using the Hue/Saturation filter, it will allow you to tweak the color pretty easily. Hue will allow you to change the basic color (red/green, blue), Saturation how "strong" the color is, and Value, how light/dark it is. This is basically what you would be doing in an app like photoshop anyway. What's nice is you can apply the filter to a group so you can adjust multiple items at once and then you could publish the Hue saturation parameters back to FCPX so you could always modify the color yourself.

Jul 8, 2015 12:54 AM in response to joshtortuga

If you need to animate the color, then you will probably want to use the technique I mentioned with the Hue/Saturation filter. Apply it to the appropriate groups. For example, you could apply the filter to the "Backing" group and the "LowerLeftShape" group to alter all the layers contained in the group. You could then create a rig or publish the parameters to control the color with the filter in Motion. I'd review the motion documentation on publishing parameters and rigging.

Jul 8, 2015 1:55 AM in response to joshtortuga

I should have noticed that this was the centered title from FCP X by the window title "Centered copy.moti".

joshtortuga wrote:

I know how to change the color using photoshop, but I don't know how to animate it.

The animation is already there, done in Motion with filters and behaviors.

All you have to do is edit the underlying image.

For example, in Layers, control-click the "Lower Left Shape" and choose "Reveal Source Media".

User uploaded file

This will show you the file in the Media tab.

Control-click, choose "Reveal in Finder".

User uploaded file

Make a copy, just in case, edit and then click Replace Media File. All the animation is still there. In this example I just blatantly changed the color of one part to show you it works.

User uploaded file

How do change colors in motion 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.