Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery fully charged at 96 percent?

My computer recently did something strange tonight. I was charging it up like normal. When I suddenly noticed the green charger light was on, and it said 100 percent. However, after unplugging it I noticed it was only at 96 percent. I plugged it in again, and it still said it was fully charged. The only thing I did different tonight as that I started charging it before the battery meter turned red. I got nervous when I noticed it was draining slowly so that's why I plugged it in too soon. It was still low enough though.

I'm just wondering if this is normal or something to be concerned about? My machine is a later 2011 model and the battery is still fairly new. I got it during the holidays.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Connection timeout.

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 9:58 PM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2015 10:47 PM in response to noratcat

It's a common occurrence. Sometimes it charges to 100% and other times to 96%, but since anything over 96% is considered fully charged, then the charger cuts off to prevent over-charging. Don't lose sleep over this. Draining the battery really low isn't going to make things change. You may simply have low AC voltage in your location.

Battery fully charged at 96 percent?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.