Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Start up Macbook Pr

After the latest OS X 10.10. 4 and ITunes updates, I have had a problem on startup I sign in but the startup bar only moves a quarter of the way across and there it stays until I shut down and start again same happens but a box says you shut down because of a problem, I press continue and it then starts up fine. Any ideas, macbook pro is about two&half yrs old. I have cleared any start up programs that may have been causing a problem. Thanks for your help.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 2:50 AM

Your description suggest that the MBP had a kernel panic. Log and post it using these directions:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201753

Ciao.

6 replies

Jul 7, 2015 10:33 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Thanks for your reply, but I just would not know where to begin with your suggestion. So today I went to the Apple Genius Bar and they checked the hard drive etc, and decided it was the encryption on startup, so this has been disabled and is in the progress of being unencrypted which can take up to a day or more. I am told that these is not needed. Start up is still slow but is does start.

Start up Macbook Pr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.