Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX DVD share not working. Extremely frustrated.

FCPX DVD share stops at 66% w/ no explanation. This is a problem others have faced, but none of the "fixes" or alternatives for burning DVDs suggested on these posts work. The "click Create a Disc" option does not work. Deleting the background image does not work. Exporting it to iMovie or to Toast DVD works, but the DVD plays ONLY on a Mac or PC -- not regular DVD players, which is what I need to work on. There have been half a dozen other suggestions for getting it to work through Toast and none of THEM work. Some people actually suggest throwing out one's current DVD system and upgrading to a better one. That would work if I had a money tree in the backyard, but unfortunately I do not.

FCPX worked BEAUTIFULLY the last time I used it (about a month ago) and no adjustments have been made to my system or program. The type of media is the same as older projects that have been successfully shared to DVD. I am using the same blank DVDs I used then. The only difference is I now have fewer DVDs of them as I try to make this project work. Older projects that were originally successfully shared to DVDs are now stopping at 66% when I try to share them.

For the love of everything that is good in this world, please... tell me how to make this software work properly. Many thanks in advance for any new suggestions. Please please PLEASE do not suggest that I buy new software. I do not want to spend more money to make this software work. FCPX is obscenely expensive, and for the price I paid, the program needs to work, or the problem fixed by Apple.

Any suggestions?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:31 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 3:02 AM in response to MusicTeach13

66% seems to be the point where the conversion ends and the actual burning to disc starts. There were reports some time ago about issues where the process for creating the disc would sometimes not start.

Here is an easy solution. In the export settings, under "Output Device:", choose "Hard Drive". This way a "disk image" file, with extension .img, is created on your drive. Then open this file with Disk Utility (control-click it in the Finder, Open With->Disk Utility) and burn as many copies as you like. You also can keep this file so if you later want another copy you don't have to open FCP X and wait for it to share again.

FCPX DVD share not working. Extremely frustrated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.