Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of my apple id.

I have effectively been locked out of my apple id for months. I no longer have access to the email address and don't know the password. All the tools provided send me in circles. I cant get the security questions right either (I think a child may have changed my info at some point) and it keeps getting locked down. This means I can do very little with my ipad. I had to create a new account to ask this question because of course you need an apple id and password for that too! How do I reclaim my ipad?

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:31 PM

Please Correct me if I'm wrong. I think maybe you should forget about your old Apple ID and use the new one you created. Just Factory reset your iPad, setup your new account and use it. I might be wrong butI think this can do it 🙂

16 replies

Jul 6, 2015 11:45 PM in response to African human

There is one way to do it bud! It's Hard Reset! It'll factory reset your iPad here is how you can do it -

How to reset your iPhone or iPad

1. Press and hold down the sleep/wake button at the top of you iPhone or iPad.
  2. At the same time, press and hold down the Home button on the front of your iPhone or iPad
  3. Keep holding both buttons until the screen turns off and then turns back on again and displays the Apple logo.

Jul 7, 2015 12:11 AM in response to African human

Might try this? :

Reset an iPad Synced with iTunes

Step 1

Reset an iPad Synced with iTunes: Connect your iPad to the computer with the USB cable that came with your device.

Step 2

Launch iTunes if the application doesn't launch when you connect the iPad.

Step 3

Remove the iPad from the computer if iTunes asks for your passcode, and then follow the steps in Section 2.

Step 4

Right-click on the iPad icon in the left column of the iTunes window if you're not prompted for the passcode. Click "Back Up."

Step 5

Click "Restore" when the backup finishes. The iPad will enter Recovery Mode and reset its settings.

Step 6

Right-click the iPad icon again when the device reboots and select "Restore from Backup..." This replaces the content that was deleted during the reset.

Reset an iPad Never Synced with iTunes

Step 1

Section 2 - Reset an iPad Never Synced with iTunes: Disconnect the iPad from the computer, but leave the USB cable connected to the computer.

Step 2

Hold down the "Sleep/Wake" button for several seconds until a red slider appears. Move your finger across the slider to turn the iPad off.

Step 3

Connect the iPad to the computer while holding down the "Home" button to turn on the iPad.

Step 4

Release the "Home" button when you see a message that says, "Connect to iTunes."

Step 5

Launch iTunes. iTunes will alert you that it detects a device in Recovery Mode.

Step 6

Click "OK" and click "Restore" to reset the iPad.

Jul 7, 2015 12:17 AM in response to African human

You must contact Apple Support, Go to the Apple Store, talk to the guys at the servicing centre at the Apple Store itself and they can do it for you okay? But I need a little information about your iPad, when did you buy it? And which model is it?

Here is is a link that can however help you :-

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/wipe-ipad-factory-settings-passcode-55572.html

There can be other ways to solve your problem be sure to check that link out.

TheFlashZero

Jul 7, 2015 12:29 AM in response to African human

Crap. In that case there's no other way you can go about it I'm so sorry, we're doomed. 😟 I'm so sorry brother. Umm did you try that link in the reply before this one? Try it out keep searching. I've read a lot about this, it's actually not solvable until some genius helps you out.

If you found any of the new answers useful please click on you found this usefull.

Locked out of my apple id.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.