Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Memory problem related to syncing music

Hello,

I've been trying to put some music on my iPhone yesterday but were unsuccessful.

iTunes says I need 14gb of space to sync my music to my iPhone, while I only want to add about 50 songs which is close to 1gb.

I think this has something to do with the IOS 8.4 update related to the music app.

Does someone else also have this problem?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4, 64GB

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2015 6:29 AM

Found a work-around for this, by removing all music from the iPhone by syncing no music at all and syncing with the selected music after that it removes all music and makes it possible to sync again. I got the idea that after the software update it didn't recognize all songs on the iPhone and wanted to sync songs that were already on the iPhone. This explains why it would ask for another 14gb of space.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2015 6:29 AM in response to sfenn

Found a work-around for this, by removing all music from the iPhone by syncing no music at all and syncing with the selected music after that it removes all music and makes it possible to sync again. I got the idea that after the software update it didn't recognize all songs on the iPhone and wanted to sync songs that were already on the iPhone. This explains why it would ask for another 14gb of space.

Memory problem related to syncing music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.