Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some notes wouldn't sync to iCloud.com account, now they're deleted

D*mmit, maybe I'm just a warning tale for others out there. The forums I read gave me the exact advice that 100% deleted my notes, instead of got them on my iCloud account. I'm a writer and the notes I lost could be invaluable ideas that can never be replaced. This really is f**ked up.

Iphone 4s, version 8.4, iCloud.com accessed on windows google chrome browser.

So, this was my problem: some of my notes wouldn't sync to my iCloud account. They all seemed to be around the time I was on a month-long trip where I didn't have internet, though there's a chance that a small amount of newer ones also didn't sync. So they're on my iPhone, but I can't access them on my iCloud.com account. I can see all of my newer notes though.

So on a forum, someone had a similar problem. The advice given was: go to your settings, turn off, then on, Notes in iCloud. I did that. Now, the notes that weren't syncing are deleted. And just to clarify, the other 95% of my notes remain untouched. Just this batch was deleted.

If there is any hope of recovery let me know, though I'm skeptical.

And if you had the same problem as me, please read this before you make the same mistake. I could have manually emailed them all to myself, and almost did, but I decided to do some forum reading first.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 1:45 AM

Update: (can't seem to edit main post)

So, after wasting a nice hour on research, I got the program iExplorer. No I don't work for them and no I can't guarantee there aren't viruses in it. But it seems fine.

So anyways, in short, all of the notes that I lost, I'm pretty sure iExplorer found. They might be scrambled with about 100 other notes from around that time that weren't lost, so it's going to take me a lot of time to deal with them all. Unless all of those notes were lost! Which would be insane. But from my brief glances earlier, it didn't seem like I lost so many.

So yeah, an unnecessary problem got solved and it only took 2.5 hours of my time! (plus another 1-2 hours to export all the notes from the program and deal with them)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 1:45 AM in response to ffiirree

Update: (can't seem to edit main post)

So, after wasting a nice hour on research, I got the program iExplorer. No I don't work for them and no I can't guarantee there aren't viruses in it. But it seems fine.

So anyways, in short, all of the notes that I lost, I'm pretty sure iExplorer found. They might be scrambled with about 100 other notes from around that time that weren't lost, so it's going to take me a lot of time to deal with them all. Unless all of those notes were lost! Which would be insane. But from my brief glances earlier, it didn't seem like I lost so many.

So yeah, an unnecessary problem got solved and it only took 2.5 hours of my time! (plus another 1-2 hours to export all the notes from the program and deal with them)

Some notes wouldn't sync to iCloud.com account, now they're deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.