Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i use airport express as a router and cancel my current internet provider?

My router is in my living room and i get bad connection when in my room and i was wondering if i could cancel my internet provider and buy an airport express and put it in my room as a router instead of my current one?

airport express-OTHER

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:48 AM

Chances are, your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has furnished you with a modem/router.....a product that has both a modem and router in the same package.....since you need both a modem and a router if you want to be able to connect to the Internet.

The AirPort Express is only a router.....it has no modem on board.....so, if you return your modem/router, you would still need an Internet Service Provider and a modem.

In other words, your Internet provider will need to pull a wire through the house to your room and provide you with a modem, if you want the AirPort Express to be able to connect to the Internet.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 4:48 AM in response to jamesjay99

Chances are, your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has furnished you with a modem/router.....a product that has both a modem and router in the same package.....since you need both a modem and a router if you want to be able to connect to the Internet.

The AirPort Express is only a router.....it has no modem on board.....so, if you return your modem/router, you would still need an Internet Service Provider and a modem.

In other words, your Internet provider will need to pull a wire through the house to your room and provide you with a modem, if you want the AirPort Express to be able to connect to the Internet.

Can i use airport express as a router and cancel my current internet provider?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.