Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I upgrade to iOS 8.4 using Apple Configurator?

I am trying to update a lot of ipads at work and i usually do one then start doing them with a 16 usb port. I let it run for a couple of hours and it tries to install the new iOS 8.4 it gets about 1/4 of the way and then says. Completed with an error! Unable to download iOS 8.4. Then when i click on the i, it comes up with. Error details, The request timed out. -1001 NSURLErrorDomain and kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3, Trying to upgrade to 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 7:53 AM

Hi connker3,

Check with your I.T. department's network team to see if any of Apple's update servers are being blocked. A lot of organizations (including ours) have a DNS block to prevent iOS updates on our devices. When we remove the DNS block, we can update just fine. I have been using Configurator this summer to update our fleet of iPads to iOS 8.4 without any problems, so Configurator should work for you.

Hope this answers your question!

~Joe

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 7:53 AM in response to connker3

Hi connker3,

Check with your I.T. department's network team to see if any of Apple's update servers are being blocked. A lot of organizations (including ours) have a DNS block to prevent iOS updates on our devices. When we remove the DNS block, we can update just fine. I have been using Configurator this summer to update our fleet of iPads to iOS 8.4 without any problems, so Configurator should work for you.

Hope this answers your question!

~Joe

Why can't I upgrade to iOS 8.4 using Apple Configurator?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.