Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMac G5 OS X 10.6.8 need Upgrade

HI,

i have IMac G5 (2007) running OS X 10.6.8 , 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo , 4 Go 1067 MHz DDR3 ,and i would like to know if it's possible to have price OS X 10.7 & 10.8 ; because 40€ is bit expensive for me.I don't want YOSEMITE cause too much problems with it 😟
Thanks a lot
Best regards

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 4 Go DDR3

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:19 AM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2015 4:41 AM in response to Cid06

The fact of the matter there are NO PROBLEMS with YOSEMITE at all. When users do experience difficulties it is from trying to upgrade from older Operating Systems.

1st users fail to do there homework and there older machines simply don't have enough RAM.

2nd they get mad because there software will not work on the newer Operating Systems.

When upgrading to a newer software be sure you find out what the bare minimum System Requirements are for the upgrade.

After doing this and always make sure that you make sure you keep all of your SOFTWARE UP TO DATE. This is also one of the culprits when people have issues and are not happy about upgrading older machines to the newer Operating Systems.

Hopefully this has helped, Cheers and Good Luck

Don Morgan

Jul 7, 2015 5:51 AM in response to Cid06

THANKS,

OK I go to see what I can make, but I would like to know if it is possible to cross(spend) of OS X 10.6.8 has OS X 10.8 directly without OS X 10.7? Because I would like to have the original CD in case of problem, is it possible to have it for 10€?

No, 10.7-10.95 are no longer available. If you currently have 10.6.8, the only upgrade you can go to is Yosemite, currently 10.10.4. As you have been advised Yosemite is stable. However 10.6.8 is no longer supported by Apple, this means no additional security upgrades will be released for it. Finally if you go to any version of OS X beyond 10.6.8, the legacy apps you might have that were designed to run on PPC based Macs will no longer run.

IMac G5 OS X 10.6.8 need Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.