Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite 10.10.4 battery drain

Hi, I just bought my new macbook pro 15 inch (the newest one) 6 days ago
the battery was great but after upgrading to yosemite 10.10.4 the battery is draining really fast (like 1% per 2 minutes) without running any heavy avtivity (like android studio or xcode or netbeans!!

So does anybody have a suggestion for this issue?

BTW I face some uncomfortable lags when I'm in full screen and moves the cursor to the top edge of the screen, the top bar slides down with animation but it's laggy.

Thanks and hope to find solutions for both problems .

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 3:38 AM

7 replies

Jul 7, 2015 9:56 AM in response to hemoali

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Jul 29, 2015 12:37 AM in response to hemoali

Same issue:

Updated my Macbook Air (early 2015) with the latest mac os 10.10.4 on 2 July 2015. I started noticing my battery started draining faster than usual.

Macbook Air Spec:

13" early 2015, i7 2.2Ghz, 8 GB

I use my macbook air for surfing, Netflix and work. Did not had a problem/issue with 10.10.2 and 10.10.3 OS, only after updating to 10.10.4.

And the worse and surprising part is seeing 80% battery from 100% from sleep mode (lid closed) for est. 7hr. Thats 20% battery drainage.

On the previous 10.10.3 os, I only saw 1-2% battery drainage in sleep mode for the same amount of hour under sleep.

Therefore, I decided to carried out my own small battery test couple of time.

Test 1:

Just to make sure its not any app that i have installed on my mac that is causing the battery drain, I closed and uninstall most user installed apps.

Next, charged up my mac to 100% battery and unplug my power and put my mac air to sleep for 8hr overnight.

Result 1:

Battery left: 89% from 100%

Thats 11% battery drainage just in sleep mode on mac os 10.10.4

Test 2:

Used Time Machine to roll back to 10.10.3, just before i updated to 10.10.4. Ran the same test condition accept without uninstalling user apps.

Charged up to 100% and put mac to sleep mode for 8hr.

Result 2:

battery left: 99% from 100%

Thats only 1% battery drainage just in sleep mode on mac os 10.10.3.

Conclusion:

There is some issue with the Mac OS 10.10.4 with regards to battery. Those of u who are having similar issue, just roll back to 10.10.3 (if u have it)

https://www.reddit.com/r/macbook/comments/3f03bl/macbook_os_10104_battery_drain_ issue/

Yosemite 10.10.4 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.