Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to see who is calling without having to create a seperate contact for each family member?

I want one contact card per family (they all share the same adress and home phone number) but have individuidual mail adresses and mobile phone numbers. How to see who is calling without having to create a seperate contact?

Using Phone, iMessage or WhatApp you always see the name of the contact card in wich the information is stored. I want to see the name I've entered before the phone number or e-mail adress.

I hate creating extra contact cards that store duplicate information.

Now I use 1 card for my borthers family: my brother, his wife and 2 children. But I've one of these members gives me a call or sends me a message I cannot see who.

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 5:22 AM

There is no way to see who is calling without creating separate entries. That's just not the way the system is designed.

The duplicate information takes up very little room on your phone. Have separate contact entries allows you to put in individual information such as birthdays which will then be put in your calendar. I'm also fond caller ID pictures.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 5:22 AM in response to R. Polmans

There is no way to see who is calling without creating separate entries. That's just not the way the system is designed.

The duplicate information takes up very little room on your phone. Have separate contact entries allows you to put in individual information such as birthdays which will then be put in your calendar. I'm also fond caller ID pictures.

Jul 7, 2015 6:03 AM in response to R. Polmans

I tried doing this same thing at one point designating mobile 1 as the husband, mobile 2 as the wife which worked well until there were kids within the household as well. As Meg St._Clair said, it ended up easier in the long run just to create a separate entry for each contact. Also, doing the change from one card to multiple was far easier in icloud.com rather than making all the changes on the iPhone itself.

How to see who is calling without having to create a seperate contact for each family member?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.