Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Work ipad and Apple id.

Hello, I hope someone can offer some guidance on the following:

The company I work for had five old iPad 2's they were selling off. I bought one of them and can log in ok with my Apple ID details (i can get email & use Newstand etc), however, when I go to download music it says something about it being linked to an existing Apple ID, which would've been the ID that was used when setting up and it says that I won't be able to do something for 90 days so I leave it.

The other three iPads are the same, people can use them, no probelm, however, one person has one and it keeps asking for the Apple ID, we think we have the correct e-mail address that was used as ID but struggling to get the password. We have asked our IT department about it and they didn't have anything to do with them and the marketing company we use who purchased two of them for an exhibition stand also can't help us. The only thing we can think of is that this is the one that a colleague who died 2 years ago was using, if so we have no chance of finding out the info.

I have a list of the serial numbers here and tried to find an email address that I can contact Apple directly on to see if they can clear the ipads from the ID they are linked to so people can create or add them to new / existing Apple IDs.

If anyone can offer any help or guidance I would be grateful.

(I have already moaned at the fact that no record was kept of the Apple ID's created and user name passwords etc noted on our system for this sort of scenario).

Thanks in advance.

Justin.

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:16 AM

There are no replies.

Work ipad and Apple id.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.