Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Apple Music?

Apple Music has mangled my 49000 song library. I want to shoot someone at Apple. How do I remove all traces of Apple Music from iTunes?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 4:26 AM

9 replies

Jul 7, 2015 6:22 AM in response to tentimestwentyone

You might be able to recover the lost library. Look in the folder Music > iTune > Previous iTunes Libraries. Hopefully, you will find at least one document with the extension .itl and a date prior to the trashing of your library. In that case, quit iTunes and do this:

In the main iTunes folder, rename the files "iTunes Library.itl" and "iTunes Music Library.xml" -- just add the word corrupted, or something like that. Drag the most recent, uncorrupted document from Previous iTunes Libraries into the main folder and rename it "iTunes Library.itl". Restart iTunes -- you should be seeing your library as it looked before the damage was done, excepting any changes you may have made after this backup.

Jul 7, 2015 10:39 AM in response to tentimestwentyone

An average user would never be able to recover from this.

And the average user probably does not have to. Although it may seem like a huge number of reports of problems, it is like going to an emergency room the day after a snowfall and saying everybody in the country has a broken leg.

Using a NAS might explain some woes. iTunes is prone to have issues with NAS and testing a new version of iTunes with a configuration that can sometimes be a risky even with a long tested version of iTunes is not something I would wish to try.

Aug 27, 2015 4:46 AM in response to richard grant

This worked for me as well, i was able to get my library back to to how it was a week ago without any icloud or apply music issues. Just redownloaded a few songs i had done within the week and resynced my phone over.

Keeping in mind i unchecked apple music and icloud music in settings, and restarted my phone.

Itunes then resynced over my missing playlists to my iphone.

Back to how it was before any of this mess.

Thank you so much!

How to remove Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.