Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Remove Download' also removes songs from my hard drive and doesn't allow me to download back them from iCloud

I recently purchased iTunes Match (of iCloud Music as it's now known). It started its work of matching and has matched about 90-95% of my library (about 30,000 tracks). But about 1,500 songs still have a 'Waiting' status cloud next to them. Just like this:

User uploaded file

It's been like that for two days. So, I tried to force them to upload to iCloud. I selected all of my Beatles that were still 'Waiting' and right clicked on 'Remove Download'. Just like this:

User uploaded file

The result was that all of the tracks I selected became paler and had the cloud symbol changed from dotted 'Waiting' to arrowed 'Download from iCloud'. I tried to click on the cloud, but got no result. The tracks stay pale and there is no right click menu to download the track. I became puzzled about why I need to download the tracks, if they are MY OWN tracks, which had been ripped a long time ago from CDs. So, I right-clicked again to Get Info, like this:

User uploaded file

But what I saw truly shocked and horrified me. The music I owned was now actually GONE FROM MY HARD DRIVE.

User uploaded file

So, I was robbed of my music and, even with paid Music Match/iCloud Music subscription cannot get it back! Anyone else had this experience? And, what has been Apple's response? Help!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 5:04 AM

There are no replies.

'Remove Download' also removes songs from my hard drive and doesn't allow me to download back them from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.