Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to 8.4 my iphone 5 my imessage doesnt seem to be working properly. When I try sending a message to other iphone users my bubble comes up green, however when other iphone users send me messages the bubble is blue, and. Whats going on??

Since upgrading to 8.4 my iphone 5 my imessage doesnt seem to be working properly. When I try sending a message to other iphone users my bubble comes up green, however when other iphone users send me messages the bubble is blue, and. Whats going on?? Help

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 5:25 AM

7 replies

Jul 7, 2015 7:16 AM in response to just2584

Losing service is a problem that you will need to address with your provider. When you loss cell service you can only text with iMessage as there is no message path through the cell network.

Restart your phone by holding the home and power button until the Apple logo appears. If you still do not have service you will have to deal with your cell provider to rule out a problem on their end.

Jul 7, 2015 7:34 AM in response to raymond73

I lost service after doing the hard reboot of holding the home and power button. Before that was the issue of iMessages not allowing texts being sent and giving that message which prompted me to reboot the phone to begin with. Since then service has went off on the phone. I don't like using iMessages normally so I like to turn it off.

Jul 7, 2015 7:39 AM in response to calgarylad44

calgarylad44 wrote:

Since upgrading to 8.4 my iphone 5 my imessage doesnt seem to be working properly. When I try sending a message to other iphone users my bubble comes up green, however when other iphone users send me messages the bubble is blue, and. Whats going on?? Help

I've had a similar issue but, in my case, it's not a big deal because my data plan includes unlimited (SMS) text messages. I can send iMessages to SOME iPhone users but not others. Also, I can send iMessages to ALL iPhone users IF I use the Apple ID instead of the telephone number as a destination.

Truthfully, the only reason why I have iMessages turned on is so that I can send messages to my grand-daughter's iPod.

Since upgrading to 8.4 my iphone 5 my imessage doesnt seem to be working properly. When I try sending a message to other iphone users my bubble comes up green, however when other iphone users send me messages the bubble is blue, and. Whats going on??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.