Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

family sharing: member cannot make purchases

For the longest time, the wife and I shared my AppleID for all purchases. Recently, I setup Family Sharing such that I was the organizer and she was the sole member, using her AppleID.

I have a MacBookPro 13 inch retina late 2014 and an iPhone 6. OS X Yosemite with iTunes 12.2. iOS 8.4 (12H143)

She has a MacBook Air 13 inch ???? and an iPhone 5s. OS X Yosemite with iTunes 12.2. iOS 8.4 (12H143)

I believe I followed all of the directions in setting up family sharing but there is a problem that I am hoping someone can help with.

Once it was all set, on the wife's phone, all works fine. She can make purchases, etc. She sees all shared purchases from the previously used "master" account - mine.

On her computer, though, everything seems fine when checking account info and settings in Settings and iCloud preferences, etc. With iTunes, she can sign in. But, when making a purchase she is prompted for her password, enters it and then it requests the password again. And again, and again, and again. If I request that the application remember her password, it continues the loop without human interaction and never stops.

Anyone have a clue how to repair this? I've logged her out of everything and logged back in. No joy.

d

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 7:23 AM

There are no replies.

family sharing: member cannot make purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.