Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

these settings are installed by the profile (null)

Hello there,

After having tried to install an e-mail configuration profile from my ISP, and having deleted it again (found it unusable), I keep getting this following message when trying to manually add an outgoing email server on iOS:

"these settings are installed by the profile (null) ios"

And then I am not able to edit the settings for the server. Is there any way to get around this? It even happens when I add the servery all over again.

Massimo

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 3:54 AM

Okay, I solved this myself and I will leave the solution here for others to find if necessary.

I unsuccessfully restored my iPad after having talked to Apple Support. I couldn't bear to do a clean install so I restored using a backup and lo and behold, the problem persisted. Then I did the following, which helped:

1) I re-installed the configuration profile and set it up.

2) Then I deleted my manually entered mail account (the same one as the one in the configuration profile – the one I afterwards tried to edit as stated above)

3) I "closed" all apps, and restarted the iPad

4) Then I deleted the configuration profile (and thereby also the other instance of the mail account in question), leaving the iPad without any instance of the mail account on the device.

5) Rebooted the iPad again

6) Manually re-entered the IMAP mail account in question

… and voila, I could now edit the outgoing mail server without any problems.

Cheers,

Massimo

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 3:54 AM in response to Massimo Fiorentino

Okay, I solved this myself and I will leave the solution here for others to find if necessary.

I unsuccessfully restored my iPad after having talked to Apple Support. I couldn't bear to do a clean install so I restored using a backup and lo and behold, the problem persisted. Then I did the following, which helped:

1) I re-installed the configuration profile and set it up.

2) Then I deleted my manually entered mail account (the same one as the one in the configuration profile – the one I afterwards tried to edit as stated above)

3) I "closed" all apps, and restarted the iPad

4) Then I deleted the configuration profile (and thereby also the other instance of the mail account in question), leaving the iPad without any instance of the mail account on the device.

5) Rebooted the iPad again

6) Manually re-entered the IMAP mail account in question

… and voila, I could now edit the outgoing mail server without any problems.

Cheers,

Massimo

these settings are installed by the profile (null)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.