Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.4 messed with my home button

I installed IOS 8.4 and now my home button isn't responding. When I press it the action doesn't occur and sometimes it even happens 10 minutes or so later. I have tried recalibrating it and also tried re-installing the IOS 8.4 whilst connected to iTunes on my laptop and it still doesnt work. Is there any way to fix this?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:59 AM

Normally, updating your device will not cause hardware problems like this. That being said, you've already tried several good troubleshooting measures such as restoring the device, but have you tried restoring as a NEW device (not loading the backup file)? Have you tried cleaning around the home button, wiping with a soft cloth and/or spraying with compressed air as you press down on the other side?

If all these fail, you should make an appointment at your nearest genius bar to have the device evaluated. Best of luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 8:59 AM in response to azraelfromchippenham

Normally, updating your device will not cause hardware problems like this. That being said, you've already tried several good troubleshooting measures such as restoring the device, but have you tried restoring as a NEW device (not loading the backup file)? Have you tried cleaning around the home button, wiping with a soft cloth and/or spraying with compressed air as you press down on the other side?

If all these fail, you should make an appointment at your nearest genius bar to have the device evaluated. Best of luck.

IOS 8.4 messed with my home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.