Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Relaying of photos not allowed

I can email a simple text message.

But, when I go to email a photo I took with my iphone 6, I get this idiotic message:

"A copy has been placed in your Outbox. The recipient xxxx was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying."

This is insane. It sends a text email, but won't send a photo. It used it perfectly. I suspect that Apple's recent software update -- 8.4 -- messed things up.

How does one tell Apple that I can no longer send photos by email?????

please answer me on ********.com

<E-mail Edited by Host>

Apple Watch, iOS 8.3, Apple Watch and iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 6:38 AM

7 replies

Jul 10, 2015 3:21 PM in response to Harry Newton

This issue usually happens when you try to send an email from your normal email provider using cellular data instead of Wi-Fi. The recipients email provider sees the incoming email as one that has been "relayed" through more than one server. Scammers and spammers use this technique to hid their identity and that your recipients email provider has blocked the message. Try sending it again when you are at home.

Jul 10, 2015 3:34 PM in response to Ralph9430

Ralph9430 wrote:

This issue usually happens when you try to send an email from your normal email provider using cellular data instead of Wi-Fi. The recipients email provider sees the incoming email as one that has been "relayed" through more than one server. Scammers and spammers use this technique to hid their identity and that your recipients email provider has blocked the message. Try sending it again when you are at home.

No, it isn't the recipient's mail server that rejects the email. It's the sender's (Harry Newton) mail server which refuses to send out the email without authenticating to the (outgoing) SMTP server.

Spammers use misconfigured SMTP servers (open relay) that do not require authentication to send out spam.

Relaying of photos not allowed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.