Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mail stopped working

I have a Blank screen template where Mail used to show my accounts, now nothing other than the lines and four blue icons on the top right (none of which respond).

The iPad has had a reboot and I have deleted my main mail account and switched off my iCloud me.com account (should I delete this?). The iPad has been updated to IOS V8.4 and I seem to have followed all the correct instructions, but all in vain - no Mail showing!!

Any other ideas would be appreciated, (should I restore to original settings and then perform a "restore Back-up" from my MacBook perhaps? 😟 😠

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 7:13 AM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 11:06 PM in response to Harri Flex

Have just spent 3 days trying to sort out why my wife's iPad Mail App wasn't working. Just a complete empty screen template, showing just 5 inactive blue icons on top right. As per all advice I deleted both accounts, reinstalled, no change.

We had always "backed up" to computers and Time Capsules fortunately. Then tried to Restore whilst in iTunes, again, no change. Reluctantly I then tried a full System Restore and then Recover from today's Backup. Bingo, all working again!!

iPad Mail stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.