Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Who do I contact regarding being sold a faulty Macbook Pro by Apple? (NJ)

Does anyone know who I would contact regarding being sold a faulty computer by Apple? I live in New Jersey. I am not sure if I should just work with a private attorney or of I should be reporting this to maybe the Attorney General's office or something.

Last June, my family helped me purchase a 13 inch Macbook Pro when I was moving away for college. Right out of the box the computer has had issues. Upon starting it up the first time, brand new, it froze and crashed. Since then, this computer has been a nightmare. I have been to 3 different Apple stores, it's been in for service I think 8 times so far, having had the logicboard replaced twice, the battery, battery adapter and trackpad replaced as well. They have reset my OS multiple times. Apple refuses to acknowledge that this computer clearly was not built properly or was mistreated in transit prior to arriving to me. They won't give me a refund or a new computer even after having 10+ open support tickets on it and all those repairs.

I have been through 3 senior advisors. Most recently the one I am currently working with now things that it's harddrive failure. I've brought up all these issues before, but no one seems to care enough to do anything about it. I have failed out of school and cannot even re-register at this time because I can't exactly just afford to run out and purchase a brand new computer. I also do photography and videography and have for many years, and I was fired from doing all that because I haven't been able to keep up with my work and still have clients waiting on photos from A YEAR AGO.

The computer still freezes, crashes, randomly starts up & shuts down. This has been a nightmare. It corrupted hundreds of photos on the harddrive because my programs constantly crash and refuse to work, so I lost so much work. My internet browsers barely work, most days I can't even get the computer to work enough to allow me to check my email.

Please, if anyone has any advice, or can recommend a lawyer in the North Jersey/NYC metro area, I really need to be compensated at this point. I have documentation of the dozens of times I have complained to Apple and requested a refund or replacement. They just keep giving me the run around. I pretty much just lost a year of my life because of this mess.

Thanks,

Kathryn

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 7:20 AM

3 replies

Who do I contact regarding being sold a faulty Macbook Pro by Apple? (NJ)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.