Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8.4 update books created in iBook Author don't work vertically

With the 8.4 update books created in iBook Author don't work vertically. That was part of the charm of those books. Now in the vertical position it looks like a PDF, what is the point of the iBook Author program. I hope this is a bug Apple should fix.

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2015 9:30 AM

It appears to get to this view, you have to turn on "Scrolling View" via the "aA" font/brightness option in the top menu. It still doesn't work like it used to by making both orientations the scrolling view. I would also classify this as a bug since the rotation was a great feature and now doesn't work properly. It also makes the settings in iBook Author for landscape/portrait incorrect.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2015 9:30 AM in response to Nebfromflorida

It appears to get to this view, you have to turn on "Scrolling View" via the "aA" font/brightness option in the top menu. It still doesn't work like it used to by making both orientations the scrolling view. I would also classify this as a bug since the rotation was a great feature and now doesn't work properly. It also makes the settings in iBook Author for landscape/portrait incorrect.

8.4 update books created in iBook Author don't work vertically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.