Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't charge my iPad. I've used different cables and different charge venues. Any ideas?

I can't charge my iPad and can't see what operating system it is because there isn't enough battery to get to the settings, etc. I've tried different cables, wall plug, computer. Nothing is working.

iPad 2, Can't see the operating system

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 7:32 AM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 8:43 AM in response to sschuring

Inspect the charging port area for dirt/debris/fluff build-up that may be preventing a good connection and use a wooden toothpick, soft clean toothbrush, or a can of compressed air to clean it. Also look for bent or broken pins. Try another cable and/or charger block (be sure to always use a genuine Apple certified brand) in a known good outlet. If you're using a USB port, they don't have enough power to charge an iPad so go back to a wall outlet. If all these fail, make an appointment at your nearest Genius Bar to have the device evaluated.

I can't charge my iPad. I've used different cables and different charge venues. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.