Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am new to macs. I have three users on my mac in my house. How do I move a folder from one user to another? I have tried to copy from one and paste in the other but that is not working?

I am new to the iMac. I have three users in my home with their own log ons. How do I move a folder from my desk top to there desk top?

iMac, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:24 AM

6 replies

Jul 7, 2015 9:14 AM in response to randyfromrockspring

You don't need to turn on File Sharing, though it is a useful facility (more particularly between different computers).

Open your Hard Disk in the finder. Open the Users folder. Inside you will see the various accounts - you will only able to get into yours - and a folder called Shared. This is accessible to everyone, so you can copy files into it. Then when the other user logs in they can open that folder and move the files wherever they want.

I am new to macs. I have three users on my mac in my house. How do I move a folder from one user to another? I have tried to copy from one and paste in the other but that is not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.