Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has iOS 8.4 caused issues with video playback iPad Air 2?

I Updated to iOS 8.4 this morning and since then video will not play on my iPad Air 2. Video won't play from camera roll (content I have made and that was working before) it is just black on the play bar at top. It also will not play online videos from YouTube etc but is streaming sound. If I open camera and record video it simply freezes the iPad when I hit the playback icon. Any ideas how I can solve this?

I am on an MDM system (teacher at a school) but it happens with and without profiles installed and only started after 8.4 update. I've also tried other wifi networks today and that's making no difference. This problem is not happening with older iPad devices we have at our centre just the new iPad Air 2s. Please help, I use my iPad everyday in lessons and need the video record/play to be working!

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 7:07 AM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 7:40 AM in response to Steph_p

I'm not having any problems playing Camera Roll videos or YouTube videos on iOS 8.4 on my iPad Air 2.

Try the standard troubleshooting steps in this order:

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). No data will be lost.

Restore: Connect your device to iTunes on your computer, backup, and then select Restore to Factory.

See here for more details on restore: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

If none of these work your device may have developed a hardware problem. Contact Apple Support: http://www.apple.com/contact/

Has iOS 8.4 caused issues with video playback iPad Air 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.