Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't i shuffle Genre's anymore on new I-Tunes

I can't understand why apple can't get this right. Many people just want to click on a genre of music and go to the gym and let it play. I don't want to take the time to create a playlist or create a station of music u think I want to hear. Please tell me I'm just not seeing it and Apple not just being dumb again.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:31 AM

4 replies

Jul 9, 2015 8:10 AM in response to glaw1914

Hi glaw1914,

I understand you want to be able to shuffle your songs when starting from "My Music" with genre selected.

The steps to get to shuffle and repeat buttons are outlined here:

Play music - iPhone

The most important step is the first line:

Control playback. Tap a song to play it and show the Miniplayer. Tap the Miniplayer to show the Now Playing screen, where you can do the following

The Miniplayer is at the bottom above the bottom bar.

User uploaded file

Take care

Jul 14, 2015 2:58 AM in response to glaw1914

I Was tripping for about 5 minutes. Looking it up and using Siri helped example "Siri shuffle country" and it'll shuffle, cool, BUT I have a personal genre "alternative and rock" I said "siri shuffle alternative and rock and ***** told me can not find it! Lame, so I went back to square one. Figured it out now tho!!!

1. Go to the list of genres

2. Do not click where it says "alternative" or whatever genre you want to shuffle

3. Click on the little square picture to the left of the words "alternative" or whatever genre it is you want

4. It will start playing a random song! Yay!

5. The song name will be at the bottom

6. Tap it and it will pop up and tap shuffle!

7. Do a little dance, make a little love

why can't i shuffle Genre's anymore on new I-Tunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.