Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing tempo of imported audio file to garageband

I have an audio file of a song that i would like to use in garageband. Problem is that the song was not originally recorded with a click track so the tempo is not entirely consistent the whole song through. I would like to sync the tempo of the song to that of Garageband, how do you suggest i go about doing this?

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:51 AM

3 replies

Jul 9, 2015 7:25 AM in response to jazzmatte

Good Afternoon, jazzmatte -

GarageBand has the ability to quantize your audio track. Take a look at the resources below to help you fix the timing of the music in your project.

GarageBand '11: Quantize the timing of a Real Instrument track
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH1970?locale=en_US

GarageBand 10 User Guide
Quantize the timing of audio regions - GarageBand Help

Play on!

Jul 9, 2015 9:52 AM in response to judysings

Thanks for the reply, very helpful! One of my problems still remains though. The tempo of my audio track progressively gets further and further away from the tempo of GB. Even if i quantize the track - let's say to eighth notes - the notes will sooner or later end up on the wrong eighth notes since the whole track has become displaced in relation to GB's tempo. I should add that the track i'm trying to fit into GB is an acapella vocal track.

Syncing tempo of imported audio file to garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.