Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How expand the Wi-Fi signal using a cable and the Airport Express?

Hello,

I've been using my airport express to extend my Wi-Fi signal as the default setup. But, as the airport express is so far away from my time capsule I decided to use a Wan cable to make the connection more stable and more trustful there, but I don't know how to do that, can you help me?

I've just plugged the cable on the airport but the light is orange and I'm not be able to access the router by the Airport Utility app here on my mac.

Thank you a lot and have a nice day,

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 7:34 AM

3 replies

Jul 7, 2015 7:55 AM in response to Wagner Melo

We can help, but you did not include any information about whether you might be using a Mac to set up the AirPort Express....or....an iPhone or iPad.

If you are using a Mac, we would also need to know what operating sytem that it is using. If you are not sure about that, click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Mac's screen, then click About This Mac and post back with the OS X Version number that you see there.

Jul 7, 2015 10:13 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Hello Bob,

I did the setup here. The problem was that the Airport was not showing at the airport utility app, but what I did was getting the airport express next to my router and plugged the ethernet cable on both of them and reset the airport express to setup again but now plugged to the time capsule and everything works fine here. Thank you for the help!

Have a good day!

How expand the Wi-Fi signal using a cable and the Airport Express?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.