Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my event storylines open?

I am having trouble toggling between several different event storylines under the same library in FCP X. When I try and switch from one event to another the storyline will not appear. Any advice on why this is happening and how to fix this?

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:38 AM

16 replies

Jul 7, 2015 8:58 AM in response to greatwhiteshaw2015

Maybe you could post a screenshot of your browser.

Are you creating projects? - that is what I understand from "videos that have been created and edited together". But often beginners don't create projects and end up editing inside a clip's own timeline.

There is no such thing as an event timeline or event storyline. You create as many projects as you want inside events (you can have more than one, or none at all, in each event). To open a given project timeline, just double-click it in the browser.

Jul 7, 2015 9:45 AM in response to Russ H

I am a certified FCP X pro so I understand the structure hierarchal structure. May not be using the precise terminology.

Here is a screenshot of the desktopUser uploaded file

Despite clicking on any of the various events, nothing appears in the story timeline. I have created sequences in each of the events yet they continue to not appear. This hasn't been a problem until today and Ive been working in this library for nearly a week now.

Jul 7, 2015 10:52 AM in response to greatwhiteshaw2015

greatwhiteshaw2015 wrote:

I have a library containing 5 different events. Within the events i created sequences from the imported clips. I did this with each event. My problem now is that despite moving from event to event, the sequences do not appear.

But you don't have sequences in FCPX, you have projects. And you can only have one project open at a time, which is really weird.

Do you have a Smart Collection for your Library? That blue folder will have a Projects group.

Why won't my event storylines open?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.