Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You don’t have permission to save the file “.fcpcache.tmp” in the folder “MYLIBRARY”.

On opening a library on an external hard drive in Final Cut Pro X, it forces me to set storage locations for it. No matter which storage locations I set, it then gives me the error message: You don’t have permission to save the file “.fcpcache.tmp” in the folder “Current”. (Current is my library). This message occurs even when I attempt to save it outside of the library.

I have another library on the same external hard drive which works completely fine.

I am running Yosemite 10.10.3, and FCP X 10.1.3.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 8:53 AM

2 replies

Jul 22, 2015 7:07 PM in response to fredhil123

Go to New/Library, create a new Library and call it want you want, creating library are easy and simple, if you have problems with one of them just start a new one, when the new one is created move the old one to the trash, make sure you are not moving the orginal files (.MOV) to trash all this is a copy paste from finder, these files should not be a .TEMP file but a .fcpbundle. Create new Events folders like Sound FX, Videos, Pictures and either import them in or drag and drop them into the events.User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Import your new material into the NEW Library and call it go, find the temp file that causing problems and delete them. If your using a back up drive make sure when the SAVE AS WINDOW comes up you save it to the loction you will find it at. Let them encode and render out and start editing. And Fun.

You don’t have permission to save the file “.fcpcache.tmp” in the folder “MYLIBRARY”.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.